Serves up to 4
Cost Per Recipe: $19.16
Cost Per Serve: $4.79
500g pork mince or chicken/beef/tofu
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 spring onions diced
Juice of 1-2 limes
1-2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/2 green cabbage
400g flat ribbon noodles or rice
To garnish (optional): peanuts, coriander, chilli for a kick
1. Slice and dice the ginger, garlic, and spring onions.
2. Cut the carrot, broccoli, and cabbage.
3. Heat a large pan with oil to med/high heat. Add the pork mince to the pan and brown it. TIP: drain/spoon the fat off before adding more ingredients.
4. Throw in the ginger, garlic, and spring onions and toss around.
5. Now add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sweet chilli, and veggies. Stir everything well for a few minutes. Add some water to cook down the veggies.
6. Boil the jug or heat a pot of boiling water and add the noodles for 5 minutes or per the packet instructions.
7. Assemble the mince on top of the noodles and garnish with your favourite toppings (mine are peanuts and chilli!).
Say "No" to Food Waste!
Tip: If you have leftover cabbage, pickle it in some
vinegar to make some gut-loving sauerkraut!
Or, make coleslaw with cabbage and carrots.